Tamoxifen, a cancer treatment drug was originally made by AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals until 2006 when they stopped the production of the brand Nolvadex. The production of generic Tamoxifen was taken over by other pharmaceutical companies including Mylan Laboratories, Roxane Laboratories and also Teva Pharmaceuticals. Raloxifene was manufactured by Lilly Pharmaceuticals and approved in 1997. In 2014, the production of the generic version of Raloxifene was approved and today, more than 20 Pharmaceutical companies produce generic Raloxifene. Both Tamoxifen and Raloxifene are used in the treatment of breast cancer. Tamoxifen is the most popular breast cancer drug while Raloxifene is widely used in the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis in women in the postmenopausal stage. The use of these drugs may lead to very adverse side effects despite the important role they play in the treatment and prevention of breast cancer. Some of these side effects may go away while others may continue even after you are done with medication. The side effect only happens to 1 out of 10 women.
Tamoxifen 20 mg package
Raloxifene Tamoxifen Difference
Raloxifene and Tamoxifen are both cancer treatment pills whose differences are shown by:
- Recommended users: Tamoxifen can be used by women who are in the premenopausal as well as those in the postmenopausal stages in life. Raloxifene, on the other hand, is recommended for use by women in postmenopausal stage.
- Tamoxifen consumption may lead to uterine cancer due to the presence of estrogen whereas consumption of Raloxifene does not cause cancer.
- The symptoms of vaginal discharge and hot flushes are more intense in women using Tamoxifen than in those using Raloxifene.
- Raloxifene does not minimize exposure to non-invasive types of cancers whereas Tamoxifen is more effective on non-invasive cancer types.
Raloxifene 60 mg pack
Raloxifene vs Tamoxifen Side Effects
The most common side effects of Raloxifene and Tamoxifen include:
- Both drugs cause blood clots which could either be venous thrombosis which affects the legs or in the lungs commonly known as pulmonary embolism. If these clots are not treated, they could lead to more adverse effects including death. Those who have previously had clotting of blood are at a higher risk of this problem.
- Tamoxifen which works in form of estrogen within the uterus increases the risk of contracting uterine cancer. This risk of contracting uterine cancer goes away some years after stopping the medication. If you were at one time diagnosed with uterine cancer, do not take Tamoxifen. Raloxifene, on the other hand, does not cause uterine cancer as it does not work like estrogen.
- Those who use both Tamoxifen and Raloxifene are at risk of contracting cataract. The risk to contract these is, however, higher to those using Tamoxifen.
- The risk of suffering from bone fractures is higher for those who use Tamoxifen than those who use Raloxifene. Raloxifene is recommended for the treatment of Osteoporosis as well which explains why those who use it do not suffer bone fractures frequently.
- Both Raloxifene and Tamoxifen may lead to cardiovascular problems like stroke and heart attack to the users.
- The rate of reducing invasive cancer of the breasts is higher to those who use Raloxifene. This is however dependent on individuals where one may work better than the other.
Other side effects that are common for both Raloxifene and Tamoxifen
- Hot flush
- Painful joints
- Pain in the chest
- Increase heartbeat
- Loss of consciousness
- Pain in the lower back
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Vaginal dryness
- Irregular menstrual cycle or the lack of it.
Raloxifene Premenopausal Pills Online Prices
Raloxifene is available in most online pharmacies at affordable prices where one tablet of Generic Raloxifene costs $1. The coast may get as low as $0.62 when you buy the 500*60 mg pack or Raloxifene. There is need to be careful when buying Raloxifen from online stores as it is easy to fall into the hands of scammers who sell counterfeit drugs. To be sure that you are buying genuine drugs, look out for a store that is verified and only sells legal drugs. For drugs with so many side effects, you wouldn’t want to make any mistake as this may cost your life. Ensure also that you disclose to your doctor if you suffer from the conditions like:
- If you have had heart failure
- Lack of enough calcium in the blood
- Previous clotting of blood
- Inadequate vitamin D
- If you are expectant or planning to become a mother
- If you suffer from any form of allergic reactions
- Liver disease
There is also need let the doctor know if you are under any other medication so that he can determine if the drug’s interaction may have adverse side effects. Below is a table showing the online prices of Raloxifene:
Price of Raloxifene tablets
Tamoxifen and Raloxifene pills are both effective in breast cancer treatment and prevention. Raloxifene can however only be administered to women who are in their postmenopausal stage as it may cause harm to an unborn baby. Raloxifene is also not safe to use for a breastfeeding woman as it passes to the baby through breast milk and this may harm the baby as well. A woman’s risk of getting cancer is determined by her age, whether there are any close relatives suffering from cancer, the age when the menses began and also the age at which a woman reaches menopause. If you feel that you are at risk, get a qualified doctor examine you to avoid knowing that you have cancer when it is too late. Early cases of cancer are treatable and the process is not as complicated as when breast cancer is advanced. Tamoxifen and Raloxifene are both available at our Top Online Pharmacies where you always get the best deals.